Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mr. Sandman...

I usually don't dream, but when I do my dreams are usually quite memorable. This summer I have had five back-to-school dreams.

Dream #1 - I go in for my first day of inservice, receive my list of students to discover...it's my same darlings! I've been moved to 3rd grade!

Dream #2 - First day of school and who walks in??? My same darlings - again, I've been moved to 3rd grade!

Dream #3 - I go in to talk with my P who tells me I have to switch grades because the previous 2nd grade teacher is returning. Therefore, I get moved - this time, to Kindergarten!

Dream #4 - I am in my 2nd grade room with my soon-to-be 24 2nd graders. One of the students runs away. So what do I do? I leave during my break - walk to his house which is conveniently next door and drag his rear back to school.

Dream #5 - I am in my 2nd grade room with my soon-to-be 24 2nd graders and they.are.wild! It was "how not to do" classroom management.

Wonder what the first days will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment