Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Remind me why I became a teacher again???

Most days I love my job. Today is not that day.

Crazy, ironic part is that what has made today so bad has nothing to do with the students. Instead for some reason, God has given me one set of parents who are the definition of needy.

So what did I do - show them grace. I let them off the hook and will do their part for their child. It is what is best for the student not them. As I stewed over this (sad to admit I was mad), I had a question - "Does showing grace to someone who has habitually taken advantage of you honor Christ or does it cheapen grace?"

The answer God gave me - Christ continually shows me grace even though I habitually and knowingly take advantage of his grace. That's what makes grace so amazing.

Now it's time to pray, repent, go to sleep and maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment